Monday, May 28, 2007

Linux & Mac test version




Since several people asked me if it was possible to port my Premium downloader for Rapidshare.com to other platforms
such as Linux, MacOSX, ... I started building a POC (Proof of Concept) of such an application. I have to say it works very well
actually and I find the GUI of this multiplatform POC quite nice! I've got some Java programming experience so the programming
itself wasn't that hard to write.

So, let's get to the point, what do you need for this?

- Any OS Java supports (Mac, Windows, Linux)
- Enable direct downloads (instructions below)
- The Java Runtime Installed, minimum 1.5 (java.sun.com, look for JRE)
- Some knowledge about executing JAR files on your OS. (not that hard, just google it)

You should enter your username (login ID) in numerical form, not the alias you can supply.

I'm not really going to develop this POC a lot further because it would be silly to program 2 downloaders...
If this multiplatform one is more used than my Windows version I'll probably focus on this one.

Please note that this program might still have some minor issues (since this is a POC).

The program is not yet available for download since I'm looking for people who can test this on Mac/Linux, mail me for the JAR at d.dierickx@gmail.com

No comments: